The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 805 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/21/05
I laughed out loud at Janet's reply that she loves to argue with everything! This relationship between the sisters was lovingly and realistically protrayed--very sweet. There were a few minor POV shifts, but this is an absolutely charming story.
11/21/05
I loved it. Warmed my heart too, with the sisterly banter, and the change of heart at the end. Really nice! God bless ya, littlelight
11/21/05
Okay, this is a great little essay, the dialog was wonderful. Note however your POV shift when we got into Charles's head for just a second near the end of the essay.
11/23/05
This read like a good romance book..as the sisters were so believable! Good job. I think you should develop the sisters into something longer!:)
I thought this was an argument between children until you clearly stated they were adults. Guess I heard my own three daughters there for a moment. (You mean, they won't outgrow it, either?) I liked the word you coined, "cupidette". You have a rather abrupt transition from pillow fight #2 to Janet's stroll to her parked car. Is there a way to show the passage of time in a softer way? I agree that this is a wonderful story. Maybe Janet will come to know the Lord in time. Thanks for sharing.