The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1374 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/19/05
This kept me hoping through the whole story! Nice writing!
09/19/05
Very well written, and full of hope and reconciliation. Nicely done.
09/19/05
Very Nice! I like the title of the story.
09/19/05
Great! It was suspenseful, and I was thinking he was going to jump over the railing to commit suicide; it was complete surprise for me to read that he dropped the paper bag! Level 2, here you come!
09/19/05
Very good! Good twist at the end!
Absolutely wonderful storytelling and writing skills.
09/19/05
Ooh - this one gave me chills. I was so certain he had a gun. Great writing, especially the sense of suspense! Be Blessed!
This is way beyong beginner. I enjoyed this story and your writing style.
09/20/05
Please consider moving up to Level 2 - your writing deserves it.
I too had chills reading this suspense filled story. I was also sure there was a gun on the night stand. wonderful ending! a true story of hope. I think you should move up a level too.
09/26/05
Larry, this was a wonderful entry and definitely deserved to do so well in both the Level 1 awards and the Editors' Choice. Congratulations. I think the only thing I noted when I read it was that you need to just keep an eye on the punctuation. But apart from that, it was a terrific story. Time to mov eup to Level 2 I think. With love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)
09/26/05
TERRIFIC!
Congrats on your well-deserved second place win. When he entered the contents of the drawer into the paper bag I had a mental image of the whisky soaking through everything onto the floor. LOL. Well done!
09/26/05
Thanks for all the comments. The responses are just what I had in mind when I wrote this, omitting some details such as what exactly he had bought and placed on the nightstand. I intended to get get the reader involved and using their own imagination at certain points. God Bless you all.
09/29/05
Great piece of writing and the title is perfect! Congratulations!
11/04/05
Hi Larry. I'm just preparing the new FaithWriters' Anthology and need a short (two to three sentences) bio piece to include in a new section for the book - "Meet Our Authors." The bio notes need to be written in the third person. Could you please send it to me, urgently, via a Private Message? Thanks so much. Love, Deb (Challenge Coordinator)