The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1326 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/02/07
Indeed! This poem addressed the need for Light to take away darkness, and the importance of staying encouraged.
This is something that most struggle through at some stage in their life.
We have such a great God who walks with us through every battle so long as we hold His hand.
Chris
08/03/07
Even in the first lines, I felt the poem pushing to the powerful strength of Jesus at the end. I really like the last line.
Well said. I liked the strenght in this poem.
08/04/07
I like the metaphor of refusing to listen to old tapes. We all need to heed that!

If you work on this poem again, you might want to tweak it a bit for metrical consistency.

Thanks for sharing this testimony in verse.
08/05/07
Powerful and well-written. I loved the transition from sadness to joy through our Lord. Well done!
08/07/07
Well written. I like how you put the light back on Christ.
08/31/07
Very powerful writing!
This is awesome too! I found myself wondering "so what is it this guy wants me to fix?" lol! (I usually only read critique circle poems, but you had so many that I chose your archives for my first sample instead.)

So the folly was mine, and I can honestly say that this poem needs no critique at all! Thanks for sharing, Jeryl.