The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2510 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/14/06
This is beautifully written, but I'm not sure if the language and circumstances are right for the early 20th century. It seemed to come from a couple of centuries earlier...but I could easily be wrong. Your Nicholas is a great character!
02/17/06
This was a tantalizing glimpse of Agnes's story. Good beginning. I enjoyed the dialect, time/setting is unknown. Expand it and see where it leads.
02/18/06
A beautifully told story- good characters!
02/18/06
Very well written story. The characters were strong the pacing was perfect. It trickled out slowly throughout the piece... which is a good thing. The only downer for me was the disclaimer at the end. The story is strong enough to stand on it's own. If it's fiction then change the names and make it fiction through and through. If it's based on Mother Therese then do a bit more research and make it patterned after the truth. But to write a killer story and say This is not based on Mother Therese ... I just used her name.. doesn't quite work.
This is a captivating article. It kept my interest all the way through. You are very creative in your writing. This is a winner.