The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 885 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/22/13
Oh my goodness! This punched me in the gut...Wow.

You told the story with conviction and it resonated truths. Excellent piece.

God bless~
08/22/13
So tormenting to think of the price of war especially on the children.

You did an outstanding job with the topic as well as with the tension of the piece.

I was on the edge of my seat.

Thanks.
08/22/13
Beautifully done, although a harsh subject. Good on you.
08/24/13
Simply marvelous, and by far one of my favorites this week.
08/29/13
Congrats!

God Bless~
08/29/13
Wow, this is riveting. It packs a powerful punch. A very different, thought provoking take on the topic, which you nailed. Congrats on your EC.
08/29/13
'And while the world lazed about, stuck in its own cares and concerns.' This entire piece is really hard hitting. Congratulations on your EC win with this powerful piece.
08/29/13
This story gripped me with the ugly reality of war that it conveyed from start to finish. I felt the fear of the child, the angst of the medic, and heard the bullets whizzing by as the story progressed to its sad conclusion. I think we all wonder from time to time "when is God going to say--Enough!"
08/29/13
Sorry--I meant to include my congratulations on taking 9th place with this remarkable entry.
08/30/13
Thanks for the congrats, everyone! I was thrilled to open up the page and see my ranking. I appreciate the encouragement and advice I have received, and can only hope to keep improving! God bless.
08/30/13
Congratulations Sarah, on your well deserved EC win!! Wow—your vivid descriptions brought the scene alive before my eyes, I felt like I was watching it and sharing the MC’s thoughts on war! I actually felt myself exhaling with the child at the tragic end. Terrific job on this!
08/31/13
Magnificent treatise on the realities experienced by the unknown heroes behind the scenes and the atrocities suffered by the causalities.
09/01/13
Sarah, this was such an incredible story. I was drawn in from the first sentence, as you chose to jump right into the action.

War is such an ugly activity. I use "activity" for lack of a better word. There are those in the world who actually covet it as such; an activity to generate wealth. All too often, the innocent are the casualties. I'm thinking of Syria, as I write this. Tragic.

Back on topic, you used a brilliant landscape to incorporate the theme of exhale. Well done ma'am.