The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1754 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/07/05
Your description of the mountain and valley was very vivid and the conversation between the men covered well the biblical story. The singing just brought it all to life.
Very well written. Your words painted well the pastoral scene in the opening paragraph. I liked the feeling between the two friends. A great way to tell the Biblical story from atop the mountain looking over the people. A pleasing finish in song. Good work.
Very well written. My only suggestion would be that you use beats instead of 'He said'...'Enoch said'. A beat would be like this:

"I thought you were running away." Charles turned towards Camilla.

Otherwise an enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing!
11/08/05
The only thing that stopped me for a moment was the song: would the concept of "trinity" been known at this point in time? Otherwise, beautifully written.
When I first read this I thought it was between 2 angels preparing for spiritual warfare in the last days on earth, and I was going to say that I love these kind of pieces. But after reading the comments, I had to stop and go back and re-read it. However, I feel that it could actually work on both levels. Good writing and well done.
I took this to be between an angel and a man. :) It was an interesting story and you started it off with some good descriptions. I really liked the line: "Often when they step beyond the trial, man feels pride in himself, and not joy in God’s strength in getting them passed." Very good point and I think this line: All things point to the coming end, but will we be ready for His coming?" is something we should consider everyday!
You've woven a spell of timelessness here that is very appealing to me as a reader. I love the setting and tone of the conversation.
11/13/05
The easy companionship between the two characters worked very well. Maybe I’m tired from reading articles most of the day but I found that I had to work at the dialogue which was very dense with teaching – if you rewrote this with a bigger word count, consider how to break the dialogue up more. Somehow Adam snuck in there (Adam joined him). Yeggy