The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1381 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wow. Touching story.
09/10/09
That story brought back memories for me as I too was a child during the polio epidemic. Your portrayal was right on. I enjoyed reading how you became closer as a family. Nice job.
09/10/09
Very well done! What a touching story.
09/13/09
I like your sister's spirit...and yours. :-) Thank you for standing by her and teaching her to stand. What a lovely picture of love and strength! Thank you for sharing.
09/14/09
OOoooh, I wanted to throttle that mean nurse! Why would she say such a horrible thing? Thanks for sharing this tender and moving story of your childhood.
Having lived through those times I remember the concern everyone had wondering if they might be next to be struck. You have brought back memories of friends and teachers and the adjustments they made to cope. Thank you for sharing your memories.
What wonderful relationship, bond, and memories you have with your sister. Thanks for sharing them.
What a great testimony to God's wonderful words found in Romans 8:28. And what a great sensation of love and proper amount of pride.
09/15/09
You and Coleen grasped my heart and didn't let go. A very touching story...
09/17/09
Very well written story about a very painful topic. I had a cousin with polio...I wish he had had your sister's spirit...and her sister. His like would have been a whole lot better.