The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 612 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/11/09
The first two paragraphs really grasped my attention and I had goosebumps, no joke. I think that if the story was written in the past tense then it would have felt even more like a newspaper article or an interview. I would have loved to have seen the boy retelling this story to his grandkids or something at a good old age so we could see how he did handle adulthood. A lot of excellent potential here. good job!
08/14/09
Very well done. Young son with big responsibility. He knows Who to ask for guidance.
Hi Kat,
I liked your story "Man of the Family". I like the emotions of the son when he ran to his dad and held his head while the dad was taking his last breath. The dad did give a difficult request to his son when he ask him to be the man of the famiy. Thanks for such a moving story.
love Carolyn
08/19/09
Hi Kat...Well done. You will improve the more you write. Try to seperate into paragraphs, the different changes of topic or conversation...You did well, showing the emotions of the boy, and since the word length is limited, you couldn't say all you may have wanted to say...Keep on sending in your work. Practice makes perfect. And which one of us has "practiced to perfection." I know I certainly haven't...God's blessings...
Helen