The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1153 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I was absolutely rivetted. Thank you for the hair-raising adventure.
03/13/09
Thank you for helping us to understand a little.
03/14/09
I was hooked! Sleeping in trees; prowling lions; prowling slave traders! Would it were all just a movie! We prefer not to think of the horrors endured by so many of our fellow men. Thanks for bringing this to our attention in such a moving and powerful way.
I suspect you meant to say the LRA is based in Uganda.
I'm glad the family was reunited even if the reconciliation brought its own difficulties.
03/18/09
It is amazing the difficulties people face and must overcome. This picture you have painted has shown me yet another of those times. It was captivating from the beginning and held me throughout.
This story had me on the edge of my seat, and left me bereft. Oh, the horror! I want to know so much more (not a bad thing!), like why the mother and other children traveled separately to another country. Did you mean "rustling leaves"? (Tho "wrestling leaves" is a great word-picture. (-: ) Very good writing!
Great picture into the lives of those running away from the genocide in Sudan. I can't imagine how scary that would be!
FYI - the Lord's Resistance Army is from "Uganda", not "Uruguay".
Great job!
03/19/09
Wow - truly riveting. I loved the opening lines but had forgotten their peacefulness by the middle (in a good way!). Edge of my seat and very eye opening.