The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1466 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/20/07
As a city girl, I never imagined that a goat could be a special animal, but you've convinced me.
How sad. But hope comes in the little package Cutie Pie left behind. Good reading.
I have friends with pet goats, and I could just picture every scene through this. I enjoyed the funny moments. It was so well written, and I felt so connected to the narrator and to Cutie Pie that I mourned for her at the end.
Where's my kleenex? This was a great story. I spent many summers on my grandmas farm where she raised pigs and they too can be quite funny expecially when they are running down the road in a "pack"! This was nicely done.
I bottle fed a few baby calves when I was growing up, so I could relate to the feeding frenzy. Well told, and enjoyable read, even with Cutie's sad demise.
05/11/07
Oh, what a wonderful story! You did a beautiful job pulling out so many emotions, and not just the funny ones. I hope you can put this into an illustrated book for parents to read to their children. I think all ages would love to read this. Perfect name for the goat and perfect title, too.

Also, I want to thank you for your kind comments on my "sparrow" story---so appreciated. Thank you!