The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1910 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/04/06
That was so good! I could picture the scene so clearly. I guess it was just Hugh’s time to go but I wonder if things would have turned out differently if Wolley had gone with him.
08/05/06
This was a very interesting turn on "life." How innovative. How original. I never would have thought of canaries in a mine. Well done!
08/05/06
Really a master work! I can see why there are levels. Very good plot. Do miners really do that?
08/07/06
Oh, how touching! Skillfully written, with poignant symbolism.
08/07/06
Masterpiece all the way!! WOW! WOW! WOW!
08/07/06
Loved this! Very nicely written.
08/07/06
Just loved this - the reaction between the miner and his wife, the miner and the birds and the wife and the birds were all so unique and well done. What a poignant story!
08/07/06
Beautiful and haunting, with a very lovely ending.
08/07/06
I too am wondering what would have happened if he had taken Wolley.
Very nicely written. A great piece.
excellent writing skills here!
Superbly written. What a wonderful story - yes, a sad ending but beautiful anyway.
08/09/06
Oh, how beautiful and so touching. This really grips my heart ... my natural mother's name was June and my natural father was a coalminer who died in a coal mining accident at a very young age. I don't know any of the details, but you've just given me some imagery to go with the story of my heritage. Wonderfully done! Now, I need to go find a tissue so I can continue reading! Thank you for sharing your gift! :)
Beautiful entry. I was expecting the yellow canary to become an allegory of Christ's sacrifice, or some similar salvation message, but this still makes one think. Well done.