The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1942 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/23/06
A delight to read! :)

Loved the format and creative change of pace.

Loved the ending!
Exquisite poem! Your lines feel like flower petals in my soul.
For example, what graceful depth in this phrase:
“So I might curl in tranquil bliss,
With things I cannot know...”

Sublime middle transition from masculine rhyme to feminine—I can feel the pace and the suspense building—then:
“Here I come,
I've seen the light;
I am precious
In His sight!”

One would think you actually remember your womb experience, my friend. I just love it!
A wonderful approach to 'life' and so beautifully told! Very creative!
06/26/06
This just possibly may be my favorite poem that I've ever read on this site. Stunning. Absolutely stunning.
06/26/06
Beautiful... that's all I can say....
06/26/06
Beautiful! Absolutely, Beautiful!
06/26/06
the word choices are as precise as always... the message unique... the approach great. No doubt you'll score quite well ... again! Personally I was thrown by the change of rythm.. but I'm not a poet. Just a consumer. Ya done good, but what else is new?!?
Where do you find words to adequately describe this beautiful poem? There are none. Awesome.
I really appreciated your change of style. It was a nice break. (not say we need a break from your work). Although, I was a little confused when you switched the rythmns of this poem. I'm sure the poets underestood why you did it, but to the un poet, it was a little jarring. Other than that, the message was incredible. The word choices were exquisite and the overall theme captured the theme perfectly. Great!
06/27/06
A great gift with words that you put into this remarkable poem.
06/27/06
How masterfully precious! You've captured something so few even take time to consider. There's nothing more I can add to what the others have said ... AWESOME!
You have an incredible gift. I always enjoy reading your work. Great job as usual.
06/28/06
God has given you a tremendous gift of expression through poetry. The scenes burst forth in vivid imagery. Was being born like that for me? I don't know, but I am glad to be fearfully and wonderfully made! Excellent as usual.
06/29/06
Very cool - well done!