The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2544 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Fun read! Good job. :-)
AMEN! I loved that last line, "If he is panicking, I have His permission to join in." Had me laughing out loud! And such a simple lesson to our culture today.
Thanks for sharing, and God bless,

Kevin
06/09/06
Nice story, told with a light touch. I loved the ending.
06/10/06
Yes, fantastic ending! A great lesson to us all told with humor but cutting right to the heart of the matter. Great job!
06/11/06
Nice story - the title draws you right in! Great message woven throughout too. The only (tiny) thing I would suggest is getting rid of the last line. The one before it speaks for itself. Other than that, very well done!
06/12/06
This is absolutely perfect! Ready for the publisher, if you ask me. You did a beautiful job addressing the topic and pulling the reader right into the "coffin" with you! Just splendid writing---thanks!
06/13/06
Great story! The message comes shining through, keep our eyes upon Jesus!
06/14/06
What a delightful story! You drew me right into the scene and entertained me all the way through. The point at the end is absolutely brilliant, too. Love it!
06/14/06
Great job--an excellent example of how a "teaching" essay should be written--entertaining, real, and with a great kicker.
This was a great story that most of us with our active imaginations can relate to. One little "extra word" thing and a missing period short of perfection.

"The best way in to get in was to go feet first and wriggle down."
06/15/06
This is a great story! I was just on a similar boat yesterday so I could definitely picture the scene. I really loved the second to last line, but agree with the comment about the very last line. Maybe it could be worded differently?
Anyway, this is a wonderfully written "modern day parable." I thought about Jesus being on the boat sleeping while the disciples were so worried. Thanks for sharing!
06/15/06
Well written. I felt your claustrophobia and anxiety as I read this story, so I was grateful at the end to experience the peace as well. Good job.
06/16/06
You described this scenario so well I could picture and hear every part of the boat, especially your sleeping husband :)