The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1805 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/04/06
Liked it. Very readable and enjoyable without a lot of bull. Good Gospel!
05/05/06
I love this woman's voice! It rings absolutely true--plain and simple, no nonsense--but with strong passions, too. Wonderful.
05/06/06
I absolutely love this voice! I love how it was written with the flowing thoughts of this woman of custom and hard work.

There is a unique/special quality to this story and I immencely enjoyed the read.

A really great job of writing!
Great job! I really like the voice of your narrator and the repetition that the good things that had come were not the best thing. The conclusion was strong. Excellent writing, creative angle.
I didn't quite understand what the pigs had to do with the husband's salvation, but I too, enjoyed this story. I like the tone. Great job!
05/09/06
The thing that really stands out in this piece is the character development... you really brought out the character... we got to know her very well. I think in the process we sacrificed a little of the story's cohesiveness, but the strong character pulled things home. Good job!
I loved it. Great job.
Your story was very enjoyable to read. Good job! I especially liked the line, "Love found me." This is so true!
05/10/06
I didn't quite follow the storyline but I sure loved the writing. What a wonderful character!
05/10/06
I really liked this one, it had such atmosphere with details about the food, climate, farming, marriage traditions, etc. Gives me just a tiny glimpse into all that I have to be grateful for, as well as maybe some of the blessings we overlook by not having such simplicity in out way of life - well done!
05/10/06
Interesting, read it twice.
05/11/06
This really stands out for its unique voice! I enjoyed it...it was sweet and well-written. Jo
05/11/06
I not only found love in your story, but hope for a better future as well. I felt the love that you have for the people of this particular country. I too, read it twice!