The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 459 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/19/19
Wow, such a moving story. I was in the care-giving field, but never for a family member. How hard that must have been for you. Well written story of your journey.
04/19/19
"...in sickness and in health... You've embodied that so clearly here. Well done.
04/19/19
Crying as I read this. My mother is a 24/7 caregiver to her husband. She has the best attitude even in the face of people who don't understand the reasons she (and her husband) aren't able to go places and visit often. She's been guilted so much. Thanks for writing this perfect piece on just a smidge of the caregiving arena. The husband in this piece makes me smile (grew up with boys! I have a 6 year old son and it's poo all the time...still. :) You touched my heart.
You have a lot of wisdom in this piece. I have some health problems that my husband tends to without a second thought. I'm often embarrassed or feel like a burden when I need to ask for his help. You opened my eyes in a way I bet you would never had anticipated. People have asked my husband why he doesn't leave me. He is totally befuddled by those questions. I am so blessed and your story really helped me see that during a week that has been difficult. I've no doubt the Holy Spirit prompted you to write this for me to read right now.
04/25/19
Congrats on your EC! This is a touching piece. I like your writing style. Well done.