The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 609 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/09/17
Mixed emotions as I read this insightful article. At first, it seemed so lighthearted as the two strangers built a long distance relationship. I was saddened by the abrupt change in the tragic ending. Good entry!

Wing His Words
11/11/17
I was saddened to see that Tsega died, just as I was beginning to know her.

It is great that organizations like Compassion International and Children's Hope Chest allow you to build relationships with children from different countries.
11/13/17
What a gripping story. You hooked the reader on the friends' exchange until we, too, began to feel a relationship being developed. As sad as the ending is, the story is realistic in so many cultures today. The blessed hope is that both characters will see one another, face to face, in Heaven--or, they would if the story is true.
What a sad ending! I wasn't expecting it at all. It was enjoyable to watch the relationship between the two pen pals grow. Thanks for the read.
Wow! You blew me away. This is simply brilliant and very powerful. It speaks volumes too. Congratulations on ranking 13 overall. Happy Dance!