The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 643 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/21/16
Aww, sweet! Does this story have a sequel? It could, you know. I just talked with a friend who could have been your MC. At 61, she met and a year later married, just such a guy. I love to get flowers, so the romance blessed me as I read and wondered how you'd end the story. Nicely done.
04/21/16
Great word imagery! Only complaint is you left me wanting more of the story...

Wing His Words
04/23/16
Aaah the dreaded typo - a "strangle" look on their faces yet - or was this just a "choke" among friends???
But seriously, this is a great read, with a terrific build-up to an end that we are left to imagine.
I can only hope that your stalker was not a serial type - on a "frequent flower" program ;-)
though flowers and stalks do have a clear connection. That's enough with the puns, maybe I should just back-petal out of here....
04/25/16
OH! I want more, more, more! Beautifully written and expressed. What an ending! Such a great story.

I have been single for 30 years now, so I know about the match making friends. The closest I ever came to a stalker was a note left on my car. He turned out to be a life long friend, though. To this day we talk on the phone. Sent by God, He is a Christian.

Loved this story!
Congratulations on ranking 8th in Masters and 13 overall. Happy Dance!
Sorry 12 overall! Happy Dance!