The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1097 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
03/05/15
Touching story! I saw a friend about three weeks before she lost a long battle with cancer. I barely recognized her but her face was radiant. She was so ready to meet her Lord & reunite with a daughter who died as a teenager in an auto accident. Her FAITH & HOPE sustained her.

Wing His Words
03/05/15
What a beautiful tribute to your dear, darling friend. I would say it was sad, but she had the happiest ending of all. It was sad for the ones left behind, like you.

Beautifully written, as always, I can't imagine this one not being a winner. I loved the wonderful way you described your friendship as Lucy and Ethel.

Great writing..
03/05/15
You did a tremendous job with this very touching article. My heart is hurting for those left behind, but the hope that awaits all of you who know Jesus eases the ache of her absence. You'll all see her again and...hey, you'll all look a lot better then you do today, right? I mean, "perfect" sounds pretty good to me.

This piece is an attention-grabber and a winner!
03/07/15
Beautifully-worked, absorbing story that resonates with authenticity and warmth.
As a minor dusting of red ink, your description of her eyes expresses her character so strongly that the italics were (to me) a minor distraction.
However I reckon it will rate well.
Great job! So sad ending, but a great story of faith. I identify with the situation, though. My Uncle got a liver transplant 3 years ago when I was 12. He's still alive and healthy today, though, praise God.
Good writing!
Congratulations on ranking 24 overall! Happy Dance!
03/21/15
This touched my heart. I'm sorry for your loss, as well as her family's. I'm happy she was a Christian. I would like to have seen her blue-green lavender eyes.