The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 875 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/20/15
Love the message this poem brought forth. I really loved it.

God bless~
You did a great job showing the topic. Your flow and rhyme is spot on. You did a great job.
02/20/15
I did a double take at your title. My (7 year old) granddaughter is named "Ella Louise." I had so much fun reading this and thinking about her. I had to send a link to her mom! Thanks for this entertainment this evening.
02/23/15
This is really delightful to read - you have a wonderful grasp of rhythm and rhyme and it shines through from start to finish without sounding "contrived". It would be wonderful for young readers if you could write a book of rhymes like this that relate especially to the drama and conflicts that goes along with this age group!
02/26/15
Your title hooked me because the "please her" phrase reminded me of the old Barry Ryan hit "Eloise." But I enjoyed the clever rhyming and rhythm - and the simple message in your work. Well done.
Congratulations on ranking 14th overall! Happy Dance! My daughter was thing of naming Baby, Ella Louis, but I guess she didn't look like one on the ultrasound. Her name is still a mystery (which is driving me nuts, they told the dog but not me!) but I smiled at your poem and the almost name that my daughter loved.