The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1236 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
02/06/15
Enjoyed your light-hearted, limerick-like portrayal of the lazy bum—couch potato. I am sure most of us are acquainted with one of them. While they are funny to joke about, they are not funny in real life! Great job.
02/07/15
there were so many lines that I absolutely loved! What an enjoyable lighthearted poem :-)

I'm glad I chose to intermediate;)
02/07/15
This was a lot of fun! I especially like the aside comment (I'm a grouch). The only bit of red ink I'd offer is that the Obama stanza isn't as smooth-flowing as the rest. Poetry is tough! Great job!
I had a big grin on my face all the way through. However, if I had to live with this lazy lizard, I might not be laughing. Nice job!
02/08/15
Hehe this is great.

I'd be careful with the Barack Obama line, though. Some may take offense, when none is meant. And don't worry. I'm not one who'd take offense. :)

I kept imagining an actual lizard... Good thing he's not really a lizard, because, being cold blooded, I don't think a lizard would survive very long in the snow. ;) Nice job.

I loved the creativity of rhyme and the pattern of the verses and the fun in your poem!
02/10/15
It's snow use naggin'
If your man's draggin'
His feet
At the thought of sleet.

Just take from your pocket
A rectum rocket,
And without any dance or song
Place it where it might belong.

Then put a match to the wick
And he'll start workin' - real quick!

Thanks for a fun read.
02/12/15
Super poem. Very amusing. Congratulations!
02/12/15
Congratulations on your win! Applause!
02/12/15
Congrats,

God bless~