The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1334 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/15/15
Great story.
01/16/15
This was an interesting and well written entry.

God bless~
01/16/15
Well written and played out just like a good movie. Good job. God bless.
01/18/15
I would love to be able to write this way. All the little details you pack into the word limit is amazing to me. And the ending, without being tied up in a bow, works so well. I love your style.
01/18/15
Reminds me of the show "Deal or no Deal". The greed for more money keeps them going sometimes, until they end up with almost nothing.

Very well written. I like how you leave us to guess the conclusion. Blessings, LaVonne
01/18/15
Having grown up in an 1850's Aussie gold-rush city (where 194 hotels and drink shops once lined three miles of one road!) I hear your story echoed in many of those that have drifted down from that era.
Well told, and skilfully closed.
Such a sad stoy--and presented so well!
01/20/15
I wanted him to keep on walking and not go with the boys. How easy it is to get caught up in something that doesn't do us good.
01/21/15
I too loved the ending. Thanks for a great read!
01/22/15
Congratulations! As always, top notch writing.
01/22/15
Congrats!
God bless~
01/22/15
Great writing. Congratulations on your placing.
Excellent! Congratulations on your placement!!
02/06/15
Dear Ann, I love the comment Daniel King made on your article. I too hope someday I can write this well. Very effective and interesting, I didn't want it to end.
02/06/15
Danielle King, I apologize for the misspelling of your name.