The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 969 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/15/14
So interesting to read. I don't usually comment on poetry, but I like this very much.

Thanks.
08/16/14
Oh I'm trying not to envy your poetic ability. Don't know a lot about such, but I know what I like. Great job!
08/16/14
Excellent I'm sure, though I'm left out in understanding all, as I've not read the tale before. Crisp and flowing lines.
08/17/14
This poem is truly exquisite. When I was at school, (hundreds of years ago)the history lessons seemed so dull. I can picture the book, Tudors and Stewarts, and remember only learning what I needed to for examinations. I think Lady Jane Grey was great granddaughter of Henry V11,and that's about all I recall. However, the way you've skilfully and passionately retold her story in this amazing poem, really does bring the entire factual drama to life. You may have to be British to fully appreciate it, but I think this is destined for top spot, especially so for being bang on topic.
Wonderful word choices in this enchanting poem to tell a story from history.
08/19/14
Beautifully said.
God bless~
Congratulation on EC for this exquisite poem!
08/21/14
What did I tell you Margaret? Congratulations on your well deserved EC placing. This poem is amazing!
Congratulations on an absolutely superb poem. A truly unique take on the topic. I just loved it.
Congratulations. What a beautiful poem!
08/21/14
Congrats!

God bless~
08/21/14
Your poetry: word choices, meter, phrases, and story, completely fascinated me. I love the way you begin with this: "To place upon the English throne -- A young protesting Queen -- That some have called ‘The Tudor Pawn’, -- A Lady, aged sixteen." You've combined poignancy, history, and hope in this beautifully crafted entry. Love this! Many congrats on your Editor's Choice, Margaret!
08/22/14
Congratulations, Margaret, on your EC place which is much deserved for this fascinating and well written poem. I'll have to google the history, now, being rather ignorant of that era.
08/23/14
Your poetry has such an enchanting essence.
Although I knew nothing of this piece of history, your presentation created a desire to investigate.
I love history and your poetry is exquisite. What an enchanting way to describe this event.