The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 639 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/09/14
Perseverance builds character and this story demonstrates how far that can take someone--and with God's help, of course things will turn out for the best. How blessed Melanie is to have a mother who cares so deeply.
This really touched my heart. Melanie could have been my son. I used to have to make his younger sister leave the room because she would spell words he couldn't. He thought he was stupid too. Today he's at Duke University getting his Master's in Divinity. The struggles were tough but God has great plans for both of our kids. I think you did a wonderful job of writing on topic while staying fresh and unique.
08/10/14
Beautifully wirtten and expressed. I enjoyed this entire piece. Thank you for sharing this with us.

God bless~
08/12/14
What a heart warming story.

As a principal I have been involved with many special needs children.

Those that had loving, caring and praying parents always seemed to have an easier time in an environment really never suited for their needs.

Great job.

God bless.
08/14/14
Beautiful, descriptive writing. Your love for Melanie shines through your story. It took me right along to the end.
Congratulations on ranking 13th overall! Happy Dance!