The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 773 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/29/14
What an idea! Beautiful story! Teary eyed here! Love.
05/30/14
I enjoyed your story very much. You described Timmy's excitement really well. One red ink suggestion: perhaps you could have mentioned that Timmy only had one leg earlier as it came as a shock. Perhaps you could have told how he had lost his leg - maybe when he lost his mother (?)But, well done with this!
05/31/14
Oh, CD, you have gone and done it with this one. Great, original take on the topic and I have a lump in my throat. What a winner!

Fantastic writing and I felt like I was right there with Timmy and Dad. He gave the right puppy the right master. What a joy to read!
I love this article so much! I love man's best friend, and God intended for this relationship long before we ever met. You hit a home-run and then some with this article. Keep great articles like this coming!
06/02/14
You set the scene with a clarity that drew me in, but you brought in a climax that came right out of left field. Beautifully written with a strong leash to prevent it turning too syrupy. Should rate well.
06/02/14
Masterfully written. I rather liked that you didn't tell us the MC was also handicapped until he'd chosen the dog. For me, it gave it a bit more "punch." I love stories about kids and animals, so you already had my vote before the final scene. I'd love to see this develop into something longer. Nice job!
06/05/14
You have the heart of a little child and are able to express that in words. Great job!

You brought out the angelic blessedness of a child's mind and how there thoughts and actions reveal God's Spirit. God bless.