The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 991 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/22/14
Loved the internal dialogue near the end of the story...great stuff, and so well done.

God bless~
05/24/14
I guess the only one of God's commands that people have taken seriously is the "to be fruitful and multiply," which you have covered with a good mix of humour and candour.
I also enjoyed your MC's internal dialogue, which successfully avoided any turn towards arrogance. Good writing.
05/24/14
This is excellently written, with great dialogue and fleshed out characters.

I also liked the running dialogue that was going on inside your MC's head while she was having an external dialogue with the parents-to-be.

Very nice job!
05/24/14
This is so true for so many young couples now, some are babies having babies. Well written story with believable characters.
This piece has so many things to make it outstanding. I enjoyed the process of the narrator, but most of all, the reminder to the couple that to love the baby is the most important thing.
05/25/14
I really enjoyed the MCs inner struggle which drew a vivid picture of 'Oh no!' while remaining very caring and loving in presentation towards the couple. Good facepalm stuff.

The story also left me with a wonderful image of the lifetime of facepalms of awe and wonder this couple had to look forward to.

Blessings.
This is so well written, kept my attention from beginning to end; and I agree that the inner voice of the MC helped us understand beyond simply the words she spoke. Great job.
So animated and compelling! I enjoyed this muchly.
05/28/14
Delightful and realistic! You've covered an important issue here and one that needs attention. And the writing is tight and stellar. Great job, I enjoyed it immensely.
05/29/14
Congratulations!
God bless~
05/29/14
This must be such a common scenario! Very well-written. Congratulations on winning first place overall!!
I love this! Oh boy can I relate. It never ceased to amaze me when I encountered someone like your MC. Congratulations on your first place EC! I'm doing a huge happy dance for you!!
05/29/14
Congratulations on 1st place! I feel it is well deserved. Blessings!
I love this! Oh boy can I relate. It never ceased to amaze me when I encountered someone like your MC. Congratulations on your first place EC! I'm doing a huge happy dance for you!!
Congratulations - a winner all the way. I absolutely loved the dialogue and the reality. It flowed beautifully too.
05/29/14
Oh I finally picked a winner! This piece was my top choice this go-round. Congratulations on a wonderful entry and the top spot this week!
05/29/14
So very VERY realistic (and I know why.). I can TOTALLY hear you saying these words (you know which ones :D). Absolutely, positively deserving of first place EC. Fabulous, my friend. WOOWOO! :D
05/30/14
Congrats!!!! SO awesome! I could see the whole thing :)
Great job! I loved the characters and the touch of humor and slice-of-life reality. Very well done! ^_^
05/30/14
Absolutely brilliant.

Congratulations on your wins.

I'm a beginner, but I can sure tell good writing when I see it.

God bless
Aww, sweet story. Congrats on your win!
06/04/14
This brought many smiles knowing how fast they would learn some of these things. :) Your writing was quite engaging and humorous. Super congrats on being at the top of the EC list!
06/04/14
Really great example of grace in the midst of facepalm.

Sweet as sassy piece-congrats on taking the 1st overall!