The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 779 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/24/14
Oh, I do love this. I was hoping he would give the tv away too! What a stunning story. This is one of your best! Absolutely warmed my heart and made me proud. Blessings...
Loved this story - so many lessons here. It is such an excitement when God works in such a way and it really touched my heart thinking of the young couple, so grateful; excellent contrast of characters and between pride and humility.

Great job!
04/25/14
I liked this story very much... I was also hoping the TV would go to this appreciative young couple. A well written entry that held my attention.
I enjoyed this article from the first word until the last one. Everything in between is icing on the cake!

God Bless!
04/26/14
This story made me angry and turned right around and touched my heart. I love how you made one person's sinful pride still work for good in someone else's life. It's just how He works sometimes.

Great, great job!
04/27/14
This entry was a great illustration between a person's needs and another person's wants.
If I read this correctly, the last line indicates that the young couple were given the TV too. Great contrast showing how sinful greed can be and how the humble are blessed.
04/28/14
Superbly crafted piece! I totally agree with the other commenters. Probably the next scene is the rich man getting the poor man's phone number, so he could check with him for the next throw-away. Seriously, though, this is a huge First World problem and i just loved the way you brought out what the Lord can do to meet the needs of those who are trusting in Him. Made the frustrated man feel good, for a change, as he dumps perfectly good items out. Who knows? We may find the poor man witnessing to the rich man. Nice job and terrific read.
This is brilliant. You do such a wonderful job of mixing dialog with body language. The ending was divine! (pun intended)Congratulations for ranking 11 overall! So close! It still deserves a delightful Happy Dance!
This is brilliant. You do such a wonderful job of mixing dialog with body language. The ending was divine! (pun intended)Congratulations for ranking 11 overall! So close! It still deserves a delightful Happy Dance!
05/02/14
Oh I'm late to the party again! You did such an excellent job with this. I love your take on the topic. I was drawn in right away and could picture your characters well, especially the spoiled wife. Thank you for the big smile you gave me!