The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 973 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/23/14
What a beautiful and touching story about how God and prayer can change any circumstances, if it's His will.

Very well-written and pulled on my heart strings. It held a tone of authenticity, it was convincing and riveting and had a lovely ending...my kind of story. I can read this type of writing all day long.

Thank you.

God Bless~
01/26/14
I was pulled in emotionally with its sad beginning and glued to the happy ending! Loved it.
The meat of your piece was the advice given to pray God's will to be done when she prayed.

I have to watch in my prayers, to pray according to God's will.
Hey Lynn,

What a great story! Maybe you can get it published. Very touching.

It reveals to us the power of prayer and the faithfulness and goodness of our Savior!

God bless~
01/27/14
I really liked this. The above comments say it all. It has authenticity. It was easy flowing and a great read, I certainly felt it and could relate to lily. Not so much a critique, but a comment (as I think the piece was great) for so many people mother doesn't come home or prayers aren't answered, it could be a challenge to explore such a scenario and lift the reader through that experience. Although I'm not saying you should have done things differently. Just a thought. You writing is great, bless you
01/29/14
Heartwarming and a blessings to read. Thank you for this delightful story.
01/29/14
You've drawn your characters very descriptively and credibly, with a strong, warm ending.
01/29/14
This is simply lovely and heart-warming. You unfolded the story at a nice steady pace and brought it to a satisfying close, with a great message too. Loved it!
01/29/14
I love happy endings. A wonderful story. The faith and hope of a young child can teach us something.

Keep on submitting!
01/29/14
Ditto to all the above comments. I enjoyed this from start to finish and applaud the message you wove seamlessly into the heart of the story.