The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 912 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Thank you for sharing Aesop's Fables. I cut my teeth on them and appropriated wisdom and solemnity because of Aesop.

I have found a similar vein in John Bunyan's stories for children. I highly recommend "The Spider and The Sinner."

I truly enjoyed this . . .
Bypassing the wisdom of these fables would make you Asap indeed. Thanks for the delightful read.
08/30/13
This was so well written and well done. I really smiled and enjoyed the complexity of the story which truly hit its mark.

I also recalled with misty-eyes how much I enjoyed his tales. My dad bought me books all the time, and Aesop along with Hans Christian Anderson were my favorites. I loved the Lion and the Mouse!

Anyhow...great story!

God bless~
08/30/13
Oh and my favorite Hans Christian Andersen story was
The Angel!

Thanks again for your entry.
I loved it.

God bless~
09/02/13
This is a great reminder of the value of Aesop's Fables and the lessons they aim to teach. Interesting to hear of some that I haven't actually read. Very well written.
09/02/13
Nice job here, and thank you for introducing me to "prised". I first assumed you mistyped an "s" into pried. :)

Great article.
09/03/13
I am currently taking a philosophy class which is scrambling my brain.
I much prefer Aesop's fables and the timeless lessons they teach.
Thanks for highlighting these precious few.
09/03/13
Thank you for your well written and informative entry.
09/04/13
Another fine story you have woven here. Thanks for sharing this delightful read!
09/05/13
Congratulations on your EC!

God bless~
09/05/13
Congratulations! You did a great job on showing us the more-important parade of wisdom.
09/05/13
Congratulations Noel on your well deserved win! I loved this! You show the truth of simple wisdom and valuable lessons being timeless—as relevant today as they were centuries ago. Very interesting read!
09/05/13
Congrats Noel!