The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1422 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I really enjoyed how you put this important lesson together. The end where the bird snatches the oyster had me smiling and nodding my head in agreement.

The beginning may have been a tad slow for me as I'm more of the type who wants the conflict shown immediately. However that is just a personal opinion because I know of many others who prefer to have the back story and the details, and descriptions right away.

You did a nice job of writing on topic. Though there have been a few stories about pearls, I think your POV was different and unique. The ending had my mind racing to all of the ways God intercedes in our lives and yet like the oyster we don't exactly know what is going on. Good job on this well-written story.

11/18/12
The language is beautiful and the message so needed. Masterfully crafted and told.
11/22/12
Beautifully written and extraordinary in your descriptions. But best of all it all led to the profound 'one liner' ending your work of art.
11/22/12
I always know that when I read your words I will be transported to a place so tangible, I can touch it. The progression of your story was amazing. My empathy with the oyster led to despair when he was plucked from his home. Needless to say, the ending was very welcome! Then, what a message! Super congrats on your Editor's Choice award!
Congratulations!
11/23/12
Now I know why I could not develop my "pearl" idea. It would have paled in comparison to this beautiful, descriptive, well-crafted article.

Congratulations!!
11/24/12
This is truly amazing writing. It has everything. Smoothe flow, beautiful imagery and a great message. A big congratulations to you!
11/26/12
This is beautifully written. Just getting around to reading the winning entries rather late, I loved reading yours. Congratulations on your well-deserved 2nd place.
11/26/12
"Salt-misted winds," "green, brine-filtered sunlight,"--amazingly descriptive words and phrases in this lovely piece, Loren! Hearty congratulations on your 2nd place E.C.!! WAY TO WRITE!! :)