The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1346 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
I loved the story, hog names and all, particularly the one daughter's name. It was interesting start to finish.
It's neat when something funny happens to relieve a little of the tension at a sad time.
10/11/12
Very entertaining material, though some readers may be boared by sow many references to pigs. It was sad to start with a funeral, for if you had set the story in Scotland, it may have connected with their end of year celebration of Hogmanay. :-)
10/13/12
Funny, interesting, and comnpletely different. Thanks for this creative take on the topic.

God bless~
10/13/12
I think this just may be some of my relatives, since my ancestry was traced to Scotland. LOL Loved the story. Very well written and flowed perfectly. God bless!
This is great. You had me chuckling here and there. The note at the end was the absolute best and spoke volumes about the character. I really enjoyed this clever well-written piece.
Not only was Margrave Caesar Worthington IV resilient, he was passionately resolved (probably an inherited trait, actually). I admire his backbone, taking the less traveled path, believing in what he saw to be his calling. Margrave, an example for us all!
PS - I can see why the progenitors need not have worried about numerations after their names : )
Congratulations for ranking 10th in Masters and 16 overall!