The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1583 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/13/12
Cute story...nicely told and well written. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks.

God bless~
09/13/12
You did a great job writing realistic dialogue. I felt like I was there listening to their conversation. I enjoyed this.
09/14/12
Good job with this cute story which has great dialogue!
09/15/12
A great story and very well written. I really enjoyed it.
Vetrinarism and Vegetarianism - now that is something to ponder. Your dialogue and your characters all seem to be authentic tying the storyline together.
09/18/12
A pleasure to read. I could just imagine this dialogue occurring with my grandchildren which made it all the more enjoyable. A very well crafted story!
09/18/12
Just a wonderful story, excellent writing and so true about children learning about life.

I love it!
09/18/12
Just a wonderful story, excellent writing and so true about children learning about life.

I love it!
09/19/12
Loved the dialogue and the colours and enrgy that flow through this piece. Great work, with a cute twist at the end.
09/19/12
Lovely story. The dialogue was great as well as the descriptions.

I took notice of the part when the teacher told the MC that she didn't think she would be at the barbeque. I would love to know the underlying reason for that. :)

Great job and God bless.
09/19/12
I loved the description of the birch tree being "ripe with yellow leaves ready to drop"! :) Great writing throughout this charming story! (And I am a vegetarian!! :) )
This is a sweet story. I really enjoyed the characters. The mom showed such wisdom in respecting her son's vegetarian views. (And I chuckled at the vetrinarianism line) You covered the topic in a fun and fresh way.
Have only just read this - apologies for being 'so late in the day'! What a great story and really wonderfully written. Enjoyed it so much, all the characters so real and a great storyline. Thankyou
Congratulations in ranking 10 in Masters and 17 overall!
09/30/14
Hi Joanne! Thank you for another helpful critique on one of my articles (Power Tools). Sorry it took me this long to reply. I loved this story. Even though I knew where it was going, as I'm sure most of us did, it still me made smile. Giving something up you love is much easier in your head than in reality. And that reminds me... maybe you could talk about that subject at the end, such as letting go of things that aren't beneficial. Or just share a verse about it. Or you could have the mom remember things that are difficult for her to let go of and that would help her sympathize with her son. But then again this is a challenge article so maybe it doesn't need anything else. Great job! God bless.