The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1102 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
08/09/12
Delightful, and so sweet. I so enjoyed this poem that was on topic and so different. Thanks.

God Bless~
08/09/12
This was cute, flowed smoothly, fit the topic perfectly,and the rhyming was not forced. Good job.
08/10/12
I love your poem. I like your light-hearted take on diets. That little bird...a lot of us have one of those, but I manage to silence or ignore mine a lot!
08/11/12
Ha-ha...so cute and clever. Enjoyed!
08/13/12
Hahahaha!! :D What an intelligent but bossy bird! I've heard one of his relatives speaking to me, too! Sometimes I listen and learn, but other times I eat the "goodies" anyway! I truly enjoyed this delightful and well-written poem!
08/13/12
I'm still laughing, so all I'll say is great job!
08/14/12
Does this mean your self-control has 'desserted' you?
Very entertaining read.
08/14/12
Now that's about the funniest things I ever did read right there! I LOVE this and I know what you mean about sweets, especially ice cream! Absolutely delightful!!

08/14/12
btw I need a copy of that bird you have on your shoulder, mine seems to be missing..... hahaha
08/16/12
Congrats! God Bless
08/16/12
I'm not surprised to see this delightful piece in the "winners' circle"! CONGRATULATIONS!! :)
Love the sassy tone of this mc!!!! Congrats Verna!
08/16/12
Smile! I love this. Congratulations, Verna!
08/17/12
Adorable! I love this "Bossy Bird" whimsy. I was so excited to see your name on "the list" this morning. Super congrats, twin, VernaJ! :)
I was grinning halfway through the first stanza, and now my cheeks hurt. Love it lots. :)
08/19/12
Wow, great rhymes with this. I love that part about wishing the bird would soak its head. What an interesting take on the topic! Congrats on your EC.