The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1366 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/19/12
This is deeply moving in its perceptiveness and in the way you have built the tension and broken it so warmly at the close.
07/21/12
Wow - this gripped my heart and didn't let it go. The last two paragraphs were powerful. Thank you.

GOd bless~
07/21/12
I love the idea of this story, but for some reason I had a bit of a hard time following it. It may just be me. You already got high praise from a couple of others.

You used a lot of exclamation points. These can make a writer appear more amateur than they are and didn't seem necessary to me in your story.

I love the message and how it concluded. I wondered at one point if it was a factual story. Nice to know it was. ;)

07/22/12
Loved this! Your descriptions really made it come alive.

I was a little thrown off by the abundance of colons, semi-colons and excamations but it didn't detract from the great imagery and message.

Wonderful job!
This was a fascinating story. I felt the conflict immediately and was eager to keep reading. You literally had me at the edge of my chair.

I was a tad confused about students being in an insane asylum. At first I thought it was a college with a tongue-in-cheek reference.

Oh the world could learn so much from the Olgas in our midst. Some may not appear to be the brightest, but having that huge heart more than makes up for anything else that might be lacking. The ending brought tears to my eyes. you did an excellent job of staying on topic in a fresh and fascinating way.
07/26/12
This is certainly quite a twist on the whole kitchen topic, a very interesting read - and a well deserved EC!
Very creative and effective way to deliver an important lesson. That it is factual even makes it more genuine. Congratulations on your EC.
07/26/12
Congrats! God Bless~