The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1249 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/20/12
This was an excellent entry. It was clever and on topic. Nicely done. God Bless~
There's nothing like prayer to bond you together. A load carried seems much lighter, and we're also promised His presence when we gather.it makes a huge difference, doesn't it? Nicely done.
04/23/12
Definitely a novel approach that hit the topic dead center. Even though it's an oft repeated cliche, and a side issue to the theme, prayer not only changes things, it also changes people; as your well written poem illustrates.

Nice!
04/23/12
Touching poem! I love how you repeated the beginning stanza at the end, with a little change to it. :)

I've always loved how prayer can unify people who would never be good friends under normal conditions, but we find that our connection to God binds us together. And really that's the most important thing that we have in common.

Your poem is creative and beautiful and inspiring.
04/25/12
I am in awe of those of you who have the ability to write your entry in poetic form. One of my favorite sentences from your entry was "I mourned my empty womb." Don't ask me why...it just touched me. Blessings...
This is beautiful. I don't always get poetry but this touched my heart and filled my eyes with tears. prayer is so powerful and when two or more gather...
04/26/12
Congrats, Melanie! This beautiful poem definitely deserved an Editor's Choice.