The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1408 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/29/11
This is such a sad story as told through the little boy. Masterfully written but played out everyday in real life. Gut-wrenchingly real. Too, too real.
I'm out of breath and my chest is heavy after finishing this masterpiece. This is a winner.
You have written an extraordinarily touching story, squeezing the reader's heart. That's profound writing.
08/01/11
Brilliant characterisation that lets the message out loud and clear; and right into the heart of this reader. Powerfully expressed.
Inspired writing, touched and led by the Holy Spirit. If profound means to change, then this writing/story will profoundly change those who read it.
08/04/11
This is a heart-rending story, so eloquently and expertly worded and formatted. I'm so glad you were awarded an EC for this.
08/05/11
Way to go...Congratulations!!
08/05/11
I can't begin to tell you how this moved me. To me that is a sign of great writing. But to know that it is truth boggles the mind. Thank you for writing this.
well-captured, and it felt like it was really told through that boy's voice.

the only hint of critique (and it could be I read it wrong) is that I thought the child was a girl until the end. but that's a very minor thing- and could largely be my misreading.

powerful. definitely pulled at my heart, as I watch the numbers of children dead from starvation climb in the headlines.