The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1450 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
This beautifully worded poem really touches the heart with its reality and truth.
06/10/11
As the MC's eyes opened to others who are suffering, changes took place inside his/her heart. The challenge to get involved for the sake of making this world a better place for all gives birth to hope for better tomorrows.
Wow. Enjoyed the route you took to get to this message. So real.

"We blame God
And pardon ourselves"

I'm going to remember this line!
06/13/11
Lovely - really enjoyed this meainingful and well crafted piece. Thanks!
06/14/11
I truly enjoyed reading this piece. One of those which has the power to change the reader, just as the MC was changed.

Mona
06/14/11
Fabulous. The word choices and flow are sublime. Excellent work!
"Injustice struts unchallenged"--my favorite of your excellent phrasings. This is an outstanding poem, including the messsage.
06/15/11
Excellent message, profound phrasings. I enjoyed this immensely.
06/16/11
wow! a winner for me!! so many great lines i like particularly the thought of the smile hidden in the back pocket like a bus ticket :-)
this could be a poem about anorexia..particularly with the image of the thin person.I am glad that you ended slighly upbeat.
you jolted us out of our smugness just like the MC was...awesome!
06/16/11
YAY!!! fantastic :-) congrats on being 2nd in the EC
Wow, Melanie - this is excellent! Your poem is very moving and an inspiring reminder to remember what others are going through. Congratulations on your EC award!
06/16/11
such a moving message in a very well crafted poem... well deserved level and EC placement... congratulations
06/16/11
Deeply moving and so well crafted! Congratulations!
06/16/11
Congratulations Melanie on your 2nd place EC award for a deep and inspiring poem.

There are too many memorable lines to quote.
06/16/11
I'm glad this one placed so high. Great work and congratulations!
Of COURSE this was a winner! So beautifully constructed with technical skill and artistic touch. But the message--oh, the message! I was in tears. Thank you for speaking to my heart through your wonderful gift.
06/20/11
DEFINITELY a great outlook. To be thankful for the blessings in our lives while realizing that there have been and are those who suffer in the world.

Great job and congrats on your win!