The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1597 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/19/11
Beautifully told. I once heard a quote that "Cloistered Virtue is no virtue at all." Don't know who said it - but you have given those words a story. Well done.
Wow, this is excellent! Great job showing how faith doesn't always travel the beaten path that religion would dictate...
05/20/11
A good story - well written and interesting. Very well written - Thanks!
05/20/11
I picked up a writing tip once called, 'dotting the dragon's eye to make it come to life,' meaning the life of characters resides in the little details. You did this well, what with the abbot's spittle and all. I'm also impressed by how you pulled off time transitions, breaking up a largish span of time and events into a mere 750 words. Each transition flowed seamlessly.
This is a wonderful story of hearing God's voice and following His will. All the little details bring the reader right in.
05/24/11
Good example of showing that we can serve God anywhere that we are planted. So glad that Jude got his guidance from God rather than his misguided superior at the monestary.
05/26/11
Such wonderful dialogue between the two characters. I love that the monk exchanged "religious law" for Christ's calling.

I think you did an excellent period piece story. Congratulations on your EC award.
Love this one soooooo much! Your descriptions drew me and I felt as if I was standing there in the temple witnessing it all. What a message!~ Wow! Great job. This could be a movie. Congrats on your win!!
Beautifully written. A well deserved win. I loved the thought, "I hear you, Father."
05/26/11
Very well written... well written indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. Congratulations on your very well deserved level and EC placement.
05/26/11
Really wonderful, Ann. As usual.
Felt real. Have you read "Door in the Wall" by Marguerite de Angeli? Check it out. You would love it, I think. I've read it at least 4 times. :)
Thanks so much for sharing your stories and wonderful talent here.
"On the contrary I have discovered my faith." Through the gate is wonderfully descriptive and the young man's decision is hard won and valiently gracious.