The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1443 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/28/11
Wow! It's amazing how teen girls think mistakes can be swept under the rug when really, this failed test will be with her her whole life. Definitely an outstanding entry. Would be a very good story to share with teens to get a discussion going.
Very well written and a good story, too. So often we brush aside our conscience only to regret we didn't listen - even if we did "win" by failing the test.
What a great point you made with your story. Excellent characterization here.
04/29/11
The cry of an aching heart heard vividly in this outstanding story. It is hard to forgive ourselves when we know we have let others down as well. But this is not the end of this story...God will take the brokenness and use it for His glory.

I do so hope this story is told and expanded to reveal the grace of God!
04/29/11
Things are not always as they seem. (Are they ever?) I'm so glad there is One who can offers forgiveness AND works everything together for good. Excellent story!
Excellent, just excellent. At first I thought it was going to be about excelling at sports and was going to pass it by since I’m not into sports at all. But by the end of the first paragraph with the concealed test I was hooked. Didn’t realize until the end just what kind of test that was! A very believable story and because of that I agree with other comments that it would be a good one to share with a youth group.
04/30/11
Exceptional entry on this theme. This one is truly memorable!
Heartbreaking story. I like the different uses of the word, "outstanding" throughout. Ironic, isn't it?
05/05/11
I had a hunch this would be an Editor's Choice winner. Super heartfelt sincere congrats, my friend!!
05/05/11
CONGRATULATIONS, GIRL!
Wow- awesome job. No big surprise that it ECd. Great story.
05/06/11
Congratulations! Fantastic story!