The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1415 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
01/27/11
This reminded me of some of the stories I have read about the boy-soldiers, some of whom kill their own families as a test of loyalty to their new masters. A grim reminder, but with a ray of hope. Well done.
How you got into the thoughts of this particular mother and expressed them shows the excellence of your creative ability.
02/01/11
Your details are heartwrenching, and your style, as ever, is impeccable. Well done.
02/01/11
So very sad.
Wow - you packed a lot into this one. Great descriptions that demanded an emotional response. Possible novel here? Keep writing.
This gives me shivers; not just because of your excellent writing but more because I know in many spots of the earth this is happening right now. Thank you for reminding me to stop and pray for those families right now.
Oh, my. What a heartrending story, so well told. Thank you.
02/03/11
Heartbreaking! I can't even begin to imagine yet you took us to this place. Like others, this gave me chills. A truly excellent writing piece.
02/03/11
Congratulations on your EC. Well-deserved for this heart-wrenching story.
Well, Melony, your little soldier marched right up to another EC. Congrats!
02/04/11
Powerful piece. It's sad to think this story is played out all over the world.

Congratulations on your 3rd place win.