The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1221 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
11/19/10
A very powerful and meaningful poem. I like how your last verses echoed the first.
I'm not usually into poetry so can't speak with any wisdom on its merits other than the fact that it is very forthright with the scenes it describes.
This really tugged on my heartstrings. Once again I'm reminded to pray for those in service and their families as well as saying a sincere thank you for their sacrifices.
I like how you made the point that words can't describe what really goes on in a war. I thought this was great. Good job!
11/24/10
Your imagery was real, strong, visual. I like the flow of the poem as well. It had depth to it, but at the same time, it wasn't too deep to understand. Great balance.
11/24/10
Whoa. This is a very eloquent tribute to our fallen soldiers. We don't see all that really goes on between the headlines.

Very well-written!
11/25/10
Powerful and painful. Vivid, thoughtful descriptions of what goes on behind those headlines. Another gem from your pen.
WOW. Very bold!!!!!!!! I love this a lot. It just wakes me up and forces me to pay attention. Very skillful and anointed! You'd get a ribbon from me.
11/26/10
The media falls short as this poem so exquisitely shows. Beautiful and excellent, Verna!