The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1806 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
09/02/10
Oh man. Wow! The ending is powerful. The whole thing is a wonderful picture of life. Wow!
09/03/10
W-O-W! Touched my soul...thank you for sharing!
09/03/10
Oh my--what a beautiful description of love-filled lives through the ages. I'm misty eyed for all the right reasons. Two big thumbs up on this entry.
09/06/10
Sensational. Nothing more to say
This is beautiful I say as I wipe a year from my eye.
09/09/10
Congratulations, Marita! This was well done and you deserve your first place win. I love "seasons of life" stories and this one fit the bill perfectly. I look forward to reading more of your work!
09/09/10
Lovely, exquisite, emotional. Congrats on your well-deserved recognition.
09/09/10
Like Shann stated, as I wipe the tears away, so beautiful. congrats on your placement!
09/09/10
Marita, I just read this for the first time. Of course, it should be #1. It's grand. So filled with emotions that spill over into the reader's own feelings about the same timelines of life.
Superb! Congrats on #1.

Mona
09/09/10
So lovely and so deserving of first place! Congratulations!
09/09/10
Marita, this is simply perfection. I'm in awe! Beautiful!
09/09/10
Way to go! Since I was on vacation I got a chance to read all the entries. I voted this one #1. So glad others agreed. It is wonderful writing.
09/09/10
#1!!!! Congratulations!!!! Sooo proud of you!!!!!
09/09/10
Wow, Mari! This is wonderful with a fantasic ending! I loved traveling the emotional journey with them. ...and about your MC's name -- you warmed my heart -- :) Super congrats, girl, on your 1st place! Love it!
tears dripping down my cheeks. well done, Marita. well-chosen 1st place EC.

nothing more to say :)
Lovely story. Congrats on the win!
09/09/10
Marita, Congrats on a well deserved EC. The #1 spot proves what I have know all along . . . you have a rare talent for putting your heart on the page. Congratulations!!!!!
09/09/10
I pledge my love, ‘til Jesus comes. I love it and I think it ought to take its place in all wedding ceremonies. Absolutely beautiful and so, so deserving of the 1st place spot! Congratulations!
Very deserving first place win. This was awesome and well done. Congrats!
09/10/10
Well-deserved first place win! Wow, Mari! It's a wonderful story. You captured the life of a couple perfectly. Congratulations again!
You deserve first place in EC with this well-written, moving piece!
09/10/10
I liked this piece. I especially enjoyed the ways the years just flicked by in a few years. Good job with your EC.
Keep it up
Heavenly. I need to go get a tissue now. Wow this is good!
09/15/10
I can only "ditto" all the wonderful comments, Marita. This is a beautiful story and worthy of winning!
Just want to offer sincere congratulations on My Groom - the writing and the gift of the memories! Thank you for sharing the gifts of your years.