The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1418 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Wonderful, just wonderful. Love it. A brilliant story which I hope is true but if not, there are many similar tales that are I'm sure.
A winner in my book! It kept my attention all the way through. This line made me laugh out loud:

Just my luck to be seated next to a Bible-thumper. Why couldn't it have been the fat lady with the baby?

I know you had a good time writing this. Oh yeah... and the content was right on topic. I enjoyed the whole thing. Keep writing.
This is full of suspense. I love how you demonstrated how God can get our attention when we need it and are willing to listen. It was also a fresh take on the topic. This is the first airplane story that I've read.
08/30/10
Another winner, I am sure!
What an awesome opportunity for sharing about God!
08/30/10
The title grabbed my attention and I was not disappointed. This held my interest from the opening to the wonderful finish. Hank was perfect in that he was not pushy or preachy, but rather shared God's love in an honest way. Good job.
What a wonderful sermon you have here...without preaching. The clever dialogue moves the story along excellently.
I really enjoyed your take on the topic. Thank you! :)
09/01/10
A great dialogue to remind us to always be prepared to share our faith. We never know when a "white-knuckle" situation will become an open door for a person's salvation. Good job!
09/01/10
An excellent story. I loved Hank and would like to sit next to him the next time I fly. The dialogue was good and you created plenty of tension.
09/01/10
Definitely well-titled and well-written. I like how you came at it from the viewpoint of someone who is not a Christian and then introduced the Gospel in the friendly, lovable, and peaceful personage of Hank.

Excellent story!
09/01/10
Loved this one. Great concept and wonderful voice. Awesome!
Loved the last line, what an analogy! Awesome take on the topic :-)
09/02/10
I like the story very much!
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and in the top 40 overall.