The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1257 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
07/22/10
Wow! What a poetic piece. I love how you wove fact with fiction so seamlessly. Awesome entry.
Beautiful. Powerful.
07/23/10
You've brought their story to life... I LOVE how you fulfilled the phrase, "Historian of a Future Day." Excellent work!
My family history is tinted by The Trail of Tears. You have written well, of bygone days.
You made it so real that even the reader could taste the tears. Good job of story telling.
You've etched this tale into my mind forever. So very well told and so very well received. I only wish all children of every race could have such an experience.
Wonderful piece! This one is going to stay with me for a long time to come. Well done!
This brought tears to my eyes and a blush to my facxe. You really drew me in and I was very much apart of your story, reminding myself of who had lived on the land my house is on is a humbling thought. I live just a few miles from Mary Jemison's grave and do not remember the loss so that I might live here often enough. Thank you for opening my eyes once again.
07/27/10
A powerful telling of a sad and grave injustice to a select group of people. Your excellent writing brought the main scene of this story to life--and it touched me deeply. I shall look for this one in the winners list.
07/28/10
This was such a beautifully-told sad tale, a blight in our American history. Not because of the true native Americans, but because of the way our immigrant ancestors treated them. Well told, this was a emotionally gripping story.
Congratulations for placing in the top 15 of your level and in the top 30 overall.