The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1335 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
06/11/10
An enjoyable story. Good work.
06/11/10
I like your descriptions of the old store but came up surprised when the MC thought that it would be inherited to her. That was a big jump, I believe, but I like the twist in the plot. Smart man to give her the books. Keeps everyone happy. Good story.
This is a great read. I liked how you took me on a roller coaster ride of ups and downs. I felt like I was really there.
Very good story, and the prologue to a wonderful book, I think. Well written; very evocative: full of sights and scents and emotions.
06/15/10
Loved that she inherited the books! Nice story telling. I agree, you could make a whole novel out of this idea.
06/16/10
I've always personally felt that the most crucial part of any story is the ending. Love your thinking, and loved the way you wrapped it up.
Thank you for a lovely story with a surprse ending. Parting Gifts, indeed. Keep writing.
06/16/10
Wonderful. What a great take on this topic. Loved the idea of her getting the books. I'm still smiling. So good!
I really enjoyed your excellent story--Congratulations on a well-deserved EC.
I love the ending of this great story. Congrats, Carol. :)
06/18/10
Congratulations on your EC. Great piece, I was with you all the way with your well-written descriptions and details. Good job!
06/25/10
Thoroughly enjoyable read! What a treasure to inherit both the house and the books! Loved your ending.