The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1228 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
05/20/10
Oh, so very realistic. It certainly sounded like a day in my life - when I set it aside. I could feel the emotions of the MC as she went through the day. Good job.
I like this. Many days have gotten away from me. Great job.
05/24/10
Oh, how life can get right in the way of writing. I think there was an extra comma here and there - I do that too - but a nicely written piece.
connied, how life intefers with a writers good intentions. Enjoyed this.
05/24/10
You certainly captured the frustration (and delight) of being distracted. If anything, my head was aching by the end from having to imagine quite so many diversions
I can really appreciate the frustration of not getting any writing done. Baby sitting, neighbour needing help, granddaughter needs picking up from kindergarten. Ahh the joys of writing.

You took me to the beach, to the garden and the porch. Well done, great story.
The atmosphere of this with the serene and peaceful imagery, made me wish this was a novel I was engrossed in by a warm fire, low light and hot tea!
05/24/10
Lol. People always say that the devil is in the details; I, on the other hand, say the devil is in the distractions. You captured the essence of every writer's struggle to balance life and craft. Wonderful writing!
Very enjoyable. I loved all the details of your distractions. It seemed so real. Thank you.