The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1850 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
04/29/10
Oooh, slick. Love the title. The characters are so wonderful. Wonderful entry.

Mona
You brought me right into the story with the first few words and held my attention to the very end. Delightful!
05/01/10
Well-crafted plot and great characters! Enjoyed it.
Your subtle sense of humor is always right on the money!
05/03/10
Love this! ...from the lad practicing words (in the beginning of the story) to the "interpretations" in the written letter. Perfect for the topic! Masterful writing (as always!).
You definitely have a talent for putting your reader right in the middle of your story. Enjoyed Peter's "corrections" :)
05/04/10
Wonderful writing! Wonderful fun!

So what happened next?
05/04/10
This is superb, with wonderfully witty characterizations and dialogue. A delight to read--loved it!
05/04/10
Stunning characters and dialogue. Very fun to read!
05/05/10
Truly enjoyable!
Out of the park once again! I loved this, oh my, oh my. The character development is something to be studied. I was so caught up in the moment, and sad it ended so soon. Excellent!
I love it!
05/06/10
Very clever. Well done. Congratulations.... Again!
Once again you did an outstanding job. Congratulations!
05/06/10
So clever! So fun! I want to know what happens next too. Congratulations on your well deserved EC!
05/06/10
Rachel--super congrats on your Editor's Choice... 3 weeks in a row1!! Amazing!
05/06/10
Nice. So tell me, does the Duke back off? Does he let his sister run away with the fiercest pirate of the seas? I'm imagining the prim and proper sister with a naughty side...oh boy. hmmm. next scene please.
05/06/10
Outstanding! I loved your portrayal of the double life of a writer -- experiencing life, and writing in his head at the same time. Plus, the way he re-wrote the dictation was great fun.
05/07/10
Loved the details. You had me right there smelling the salty air. Congratulations!
I pictured this as a film as I read. The dialogue was superb and authentic to the characters and scene being portrayed. You are so gifted, Rachel. I love reading your entries. Congratulations on your high placements week after week. :)