The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1596 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You packed so much into this little poem! Not only is it a study in precise rhyme and rhythm but it has such spiritual truths that make you want to linger and not rush through it. This would make a great laminated bookmark. It has everything it needs -spacing, length, width, everything! Well done! I love this entry!
01/22/10
How true! Just like Paul lamented on how we tend to do what we don't want to do.

Good job-this should be a winner!
As I read this, with every stanza I thought "Guilty. Guilty. Guilty" What a great message! In Christ we are found "forgiven forgiven forgiven."
01/26/10
a solid, solid piece of poetry ... well done
Such a talented writer! It was a wonderful testament to how we as humans keep messing up, but if we keep going to God, He keeps redeeming us.
The only suggestion I would make was in the line:

Each wrong act on my conscience weighed.

I had to read it several times before I figured out act was a noun and not a verb. Maybe if you substituted blunder, or another noun, I might have understood the first time around. I might just be so tired, my brain is a few steps behind the rest of me.
It was a very good poem. Thank you for sharing.

Shann
01/26/10
Another master with words! Loved it!
01/26/10
I enjoyed the light-hearted way you presented the failings of humans. . .and then, of course, what to do about it. Great message in this superbly written poem.
01/26/10
Splendid! It touched me so much today. It must be me you've written about. Class Act all the way.

mona
01/26/10
There have already been so many good things said I don't know what to add.

Well written!
Your poem has a wonderful flow to it, and the message is perfect for the topic.
Great flow, greater rhythm, and greatest message. I really liked this. Patty
01/27/10
You word-smithed a masterful poem with a great message! To parrot another commenter: guilty, guilty, guilty - and like your mc, gratefully forgiven.
01/27/10
I loved this. Nice job. There were a couple of lines where I stumbled on the rhythm but not enough to distract from this piece at all. Well done.
01/27/10
Did it...did it...did it...

Excellent poem, simple and sweet.
01/27/10
One can identify. Nice meaningful poem,Verna
01/27/10
Something we can all relate to. Wonderful poem...