The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2405 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
10/30/09
This was cute and entertaining as you kept the Wizard of Oz theme growing. The ending made me smile. Thanks.
10/30/09
OOOOO, love this:) I love the Wizard of Oz. This was very cute and entertaining.
With the first paragraph or two I thot this might have a Wizard of Oz flavor & it didn't disappoint me. Great job! Excellent connection to the topic. (Plus I love Seattle!)
11/01/09
Love it!
11/03/09
This is a lovely and fresh story - very interesting. Enjoyed!

Colin
11/03/09
This was a lot of fun...loved the MC, and all the Oz connections. I am guessing this was a blast to write! Tee hee!
I don't see how this could have been better! I loved it - wish I'd thought of it!! Very cool, very well put together, excellent characters and dialog. Just great!
11/03/09
I found you and I enjoyed reading this so much. Great characters, great connection with the Wiz and the topic.
What an imagination! This will definitely score high on the "creative" scale. I was compelled to follow the yellow brick road to the end of this story, and I found a treasure. :)
11/05/09
I told you it was good! LOL:)
I LOVE this. So cute, and the ending is perfect. Congratulations on your well-deserved win.
11/05/09
Awesome story! I love all the references to OZ...

Congratulations on 1st place EC!! Woohoo!
I love it! Congrats on the great win!
11/05/09
Brave of you to lean on something so well-known as the Wizard of Oz, while keeping enough lightness to ensure a surprise in the ending.
Great sense of feeling that plumbs adolescent volatility - lifeless boredom one minute, and energy, insight and hope in the next.
Congratulations on first place.
11/05/09
Ultra creative and sparkly! Made me smile and even gave me that feel-good bubble in my belly like the movie does. Congrats, so well done!
11/05/09
Oh fun... I enjoyed all the references to Oz.. DJ took me along for the plane ride with this! :) Congrats, Mari!
Congratulations Marita! Such a cute story. I have always wanted to see Glenda as an Angel instead of a witch...and now I can!
What a wonderfully fun story. Congrats on a well-deserved first place win.
11/06/09
Ha Ha! Loved it! You definitely nailed that one. Definitely worth NUMBER ONE!
11/15/09
Wowzer, congratulations on this masterfully written piece! LOVED it!
04/27/10
Very good work. The more I read the more I liked your story. Because you kept adding new OZ information, before the end I started looking for the OZ information. The name of the witch at the end was a perfect ending to a very well crafted story. Thank you. I had the pleasure of reading your story and I did not even have to buy the magazine.
04/27/10
I loved it. Like a story being found with in another. You did a great job.