The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 1625 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
Such a sweet story of fathers and son. I could picture the scene playing out. Well done.
10/15/09
What an awesome memory brought to life of times gone by.
10/16/09
I love this gentle, sweet story. Made me think of The Walton's. We don't get enough of boys/men stories, do we? Loved this one.
Mona
10/16/09
I loved the relaxed feel of this tender tale as father and son shared special moments.
I enjoyed the story too, seeming so effortlessly unfolding, but I clearly saw a young girl as the narrator, cherishing special secrets with her dad. Did I miss a clue? Thanks for the story.
The descriptions and the memories are magical in this lovely story--has to be a dad and daughter.
This is a really charming story. I loved the banter between the father and child. Nicely done.
10/21/09
Dee, This was a really good!
10/21/09
I love the mood in this one...very nostalgic!
10/21/09
Very good--both at what was said, and at the unsaid story that made me want more, and more, and more.
Great read, wonderful memories. The dust swirling, they were walking the muddy lane because it had rained,seemed out of sync. I remember trips down a muddy lane to my grandfather's house and you have taken me there again.
10/22/09
This drew me into a variety of emotions. Quite an enjoyable journey.
Funny how we subconsciously do things without realizing why we do them. Like with this man always buying Oldsmobiles because they reminded him of the good times.

Sweet story that was fun to read. I appreciate you sharing it, Dee.