The Official Writing Challenge
This article has been read 2506 times
Member Comments
Member
Date
You did a great job of bringing this story to life in your poem, as well as presenting a wonderful message.
05/15/09
I enjoyed this. Well done!
05/16/09
Oh, this is beautiful. Wonderful portrayal of this familiar story.
05/16/09
I love this, offers such a true picture of a Bibical story. Just beautiful!
Mona
05/17/09
Brilliant example and beautifully written.
05/19/09
Absolutely love this. So insightful plus well-written. Thanks for the reminder of Jesus' compassion and power to turn bad to good!
A beautifully crafted version of one of my favorite Bible stories.
05/20/09
Thanks for this beautiful Bible story in Rhyme.

Colin
05/20/09
Beautifully retold. The rhythm doesn't miss a bit and the truth is dead on. Great job.
05/21/09
Congratulations on your placement! Well-deserved. I love this piece. It flows so well and is intensely convicting.
Oh my, what can I say? I felt my pulse quickening as I watched you develop this into the most wonderful example of forgiveness, of being set free, of new hope in Christ Jesus. What a lovely, meaningful, provocative poem! Heartiest congratulations for a well-deserved win!!
05/21/09
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 1ST PLACE EC for this beautiful, moving poem! It is so excellently written, and I love seeing things from the woman's perspective! :)
05/21/09
Awesome. Just plain awesome. Easy to read, great word choices and rhythm. And a gripping, life changing example - well done!
05/21/09
Congratulations on your 1st place. This is excellent.
05/22/09
Congratulations on your win! This is one of my favourite Bible stories and you have portrayed it very well. I'm not sure about making excuses for her sin, since Jesus didn't do so. But I absolutely love the way you paint HIM in contrast to the other leering men. Good job.
05/22/09
Whoops! That was goofy. I was logged in as my other half. And have been for the last half dozen congrats I've posted. Sorry!
05/22/09
Melanie,

A beautiful and sensitive rendition of that amazing moment in the Temple.

As a soul of the masculine nature, I appreciate the feminine tone you placed in this scene.

Absolutely wondrous.

Thank you.
05/27/09
Your poem is intense and beautiful. I knew the ending of the story, but wanted to keep reading. Thank you for the experience! God has blessed you with a wonderful gift!
Linda Buskirk